Finding out you’re ᴘʀᴇɢɴᴀɴᴛ is pretty exciting stuff – and it’s often not long before the question of whether you’re having a boy or girl pops up. Many of us wait until our 20-week scan to see if the sᴏɴᴏɢʀᴀᴘʜᴇʀ can ɪᴅᴇɴᴛɪғʏ the s ͤ ͯ of our baby . However, there are still some ᴍʏᴛʜs that have been doing the rounds for so many decades that we have simply come to accept these as true without attempting to discover the real truth behind them. Here we present you the 5 your baby’s s ͤ ͯ ᴘʀᴇɢɴᴀɴᴄʏ myths, widely believed .
- Bᴇʟʟʏ Pᴏsɪᴛɪᴏɴ Determines Baby’s Gᴇɴᴅᴇʀ: Chances are that any prediction your aunty or mother-in-law or any neighbourhood woman does will have a fifty percent possibility of coming true. Think about it. It has nothing to do with Bᴇʟʟʏ Pᴏsɪᴛɪᴏɴs. Each woman carries her baby differently, and it all depends upon the ʙᴏᴅʏ type and hip measurements. The s ͤ ͯ of the baby most certainly has nothing to do with it.
- Dᴀʀᴋ Lɪɴᴇs On Your Belly Determine The S ͤ ͯ Of Your Baby: If you’ve noticed a ʟɪɴᴇᴀ ɴɪɢʀᴀ (a ᴅᴀʀᴋɪsʜ ʟɪɴᴇ sᴛʀᴇᴛᴄʜɪɴɢ down your belly) and it comes as far as your ʙᴇʟʟʏ ʙᴜᴛᴛᴏɴ, it’s said to be a sign that you’re having a girl. If it stretches past your ʙᴇʟʟʏ ʙᴜᴛᴛᴏɴ, however, it’s a sign you’re having a boy. But can ʟɪɴᴇᴀ ɴɪɢʀᴀ really predict your baby’s sex? No, Dᴀʀᴋ Lɪɴᴇs On Your Belly will disappear. It’s no way related to the s ͤ ͯ of the baby.
- Mᴏʀɴɪɴɢ Sɪᴄᴋɴᴇss Can Determine The S ͤ ͯ Of Your Baby: Mᴏʀɴɪɴɢ Sɪᴄᴋɴᴇss doesn’t determine the baby’s sex. Basically, Mᴏʀɴɪɴɢ Sɪᴄᴋɴᴇss occurs ᴅᴜᴇ to ᴀ ᴄᴏɴᴅɪᴛɪᴏɴ known ᴀs ʜʏᴘᴇʀᴇᴍᴇsɪs ɢʀᴀᴠɪᴅᴀʀᴜᴍ. This condition is associated with a feeling of ‘sɪᴄᴋɴᴇss’ usually on an ᴇᴍᴘᴛʏ sᴛᴏᴍᴀᴄʜ or after intake of ᴄᴇʀᴛᴀɪɴ ᴍᴇᴅɪᴄᴀᴛɪᴏɴs without the consumption of food. Mᴏʀɴɪɴɢ Sɪᴄᴋɴᴇss is in no way related to the s ͤ ͯ of the baby.
- Determining The S ͤ ͯ Of The Baby, According To The S ͤ ͯᴜᴀʟ Pᴏsɪᴛɪᴏɴ: Many women may have heard of the ‘idea’ that the s ͤ ͯ of the baby can be determined by the S ͤ ͯᴜᴀʟ Pᴏsɪᴛɪᴏɴ adopted. Well, the truth is, you can‘t determine the baby’s Gᴇɴᴅᴇʀ by S ͤ ͯᴜᴀʟ Pᴏsɪᴛɪᴏɴs, as they have no impact on determining the s ͤ ͯ of your baby.
- Cᴀʀʀʏɪɴɢ Lᴏᴡ Oʀ Hɪɢʜ Mᴀʏ Iᴍᴘʟʏ The S ͤ ͯ Of The Baby: This is one of the most common ᴍʏᴛʜs associated with ᴘʀᴇɢɴᴀɴᴄʏ-during this period, the woman’s ʙᴏᴅʏ undergoes a lot of changes depending on the position of the ғᴏᴇᴛᴜs, ᴍᴜsᴄʟᴇ sɪᴢᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ ғᴀᴛ ᴅᴇᴘᴏsɪᴛᴇᴅ around her ᴀʙᴅᴏᴍᴇɴ that shows the sɪᴢᴇ ᴀɴᴅ sʜᴀᴘᴇ ᴏғ ᴀ ᴘʀᴇɢɴᴀɴᴛ There is no possibility of carrying high is a girl and carrying low is a boy, which is a common myth found circulating among many women.
Generally the only way you’ll really know whether you’re having a boy or a girl is on the day they arrive, so we’d say have fun with these but don’t put too much faith in them.