As the baby grows, it is very common to feel his ᴋɪᴄᴋs. However, many women are curious to know why it happens. Is it normal? Well, it is absolutely normal in ᴘʀᴇɢɴᴀɴᴄʏ. It is a good sign that indicates normal growth of a baby and very exciting phase for every mother-to-be.
You would start to experience tiny ᴋɪᴄᴋ sensations in the ʙᴏᴅʏ after the first semester. This is when the little one has started to grow. His sʟᴏᴡʟʏ ʙᴇɴᴅɪɴɢ ᴏF ɴᴇᴄᴋ can ᴄᴀᴜsᴇ you ᴋɪᴄᴋ like sensation in the ʙᴏᴅʏ. As the days pass, the baby starts to grow, some more movements are added to their list that can ᴄᴀᴜsᴇ you frequent ᴋɪᴄᴋs. These are the ʜᴇᴀʟᴛʜʏ sɪɢɴs of the growth of baby. Some of these movements are ʜɪᴄᴄᴜᴘᴘɪɴɢ, ʟᴇɢs, ᴀɴᴅ ᴀʀᴍ ᴍᴏᴠᴇᴍᴇɴᴛs, ʏᴀᴡɴɪɴɢ, ᴛʜᴜᴍʙ sᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ, ᴀɴᴅ sᴛʀᴇᴛᴄʜɪɴɢ. When reaching 16th to 18th week of ᴘʀᴇɢɴᴀɴᴄʏ, you can Fɪɴᴅ these ᴘᴜɴᴄʜᴇs to gain strength. The baby’s ᴋɪᴄᴋs may seem exciting to feel; however, there’s more they indicate. Why do babies ᴋɪᴄᴋ in the ᴡᴏᴍʙ?
- A way to sense their ʙᴏᴅʏ: With the development of the ʙʀᴀɪɴ, the Fᴇᴛᴜs ᴋɪᴄᴋs in response to their ʙʀᴀɪɴ activity. Tʜᴇsᴇ ᴋɪᴄᴋs ᴡɪʟʟ ʙᴇ ɪɴ ʀᴇʟᴀᴛɪᴏɴ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄʜᴀɴɢᴇs ɪɴ ᴍᴏᴛʜᴇʀ’s ᴍᴏᴠᴇᴍᴇɴᴛ, ᴛᴇᴍᴘᴇʀᴀᴛᴜʀᴇ, sᴏᴜɴᴅ, ᴀɴᴅ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ᴛʏᴘᴇs ᴏF sᴛɪᴍᴜʟɪ. Fᴇᴛᴀʟ ᴋɪᴄᴋs that are felt in the 3ʀᴅ ᴛʀɪᴍᴇsᴛᴇʀ ᴀɪᴅs ɪɴFᴀɴᴛs to develop regions in the ʙʀᴀɪɴ that are associated to sᴇɴsᴏʀʏ ɪɴᴘᴜᴛ.
- An Exercise: Fᴇᴛᴀʟ ᴋɪᴄᴋing is also perceived as an exercise. These ᴋɪᴄᴋs help him in exercising his limbs, and muscles. It not just helps to make ʙʀᴀɪɴ connections, but also gives ʀᴇsᴘᴏɴsᴇ ᴛᴏ sᴛɪᴍᴜʟɪ.
- The baby is likely to respond to external stimuli: Babies ᴋɪᴄᴋ in response to some changes in the surrounding environment. Any external stimuli such as the food you eat or different noises can make the baby move or ᴋɪᴄᴋ.
- Response to sounds: During the 20th week, the Fᴇᴛᴜs begins to hear low-pitch sounds and gradually begin to high-pitched sounds as the ᴘʀᴇɢɴᴀɴᴄʏ ᴘʀᴏᴄᴇᴇᴅs . These movements can indicate the normal growth of the baby.
- Response to foods: The food that the mother eats during ᴘʀᴇɢɴᴀɴᴄʏ introduces the baby to various flavors through the ᴀᴍɴɪᴏᴛɪᴄ Fʟᴜɪᴅ that surrounds the ʙᴀʙʏ ɪɴsɪᴅᴇ the ᴡᴏᴍʙ. These flavors can make the baby move if they like or dislike them .
- Aids In Development: As the ᴡᴏᴍʙ is a ‘ʀᴇsᴛʀɪᴄᴛᴇᴅ, and ᴛɪɢʜᴛ’ space, so a little movement in the ʙᴏᴅʏ is felt as ᴋɪᴄᴋs in the ʙᴏᴅʏ. These movements or ᴋɪᴄᴋs are important for the sound growth ᴏf ᴊᴏɪɴᴛ, ᴀɴᴅ ʙᴏɴᴇ development in the ʙᴏᴅʏ.
ᴋɪᴄs are not only the first communication you have with your baby but also a parameter you should track. An even pattern is a reassurance that the baby is doing well. If you Fɪɴᴅ any changes to the regular pattern, it may be a good idea to talk to your ᴅᴏᴄᴛᴏʀ about it.