Cʜᴇʀᴏᴋᴇᴇs are one of the native american tribes who incline towards a ᴍᴀᴛʀɪʟɪɴᴇᴀʟ sᴏᴄɪᴇᴛʏ. Cʜᴇʀᴏᴋᴇᴇ names have some pretty interesting meanings behind them. Seven days after the birth, there will be a naming ᴄᴇʀᴇᴍᴏɴʏ including the ᴛʀɪʙᴇ’s ᴘʀɪᴇsᴛ and several of the ᴇʟᴅᴇʀ ᴡᴏᴍᴇɴ, those of whom are held to high regard. The most revered elder woman would then name the baby based on their resemblance to nature. This is why, as you read our list, you would observe that most Cʜᴇʀᴏᴋᴇᴇ names are nature-inspired . The following is a list of the top 20 Cʜᴇʀᴏᴋᴇᴇ baby names in America.
Cʜᴇʀᴏᴋᴇᴇ Girl Names, With Meanings
- Catori: This pure Cʜᴇʀᴏᴋᴇᴇ name is holy as it means “spirit.”
- Ahyoka: Meaning ‘She brought happiness’. A child is known to be a bringer of joy and delight to families in all cultures, whether big or small and in whichever location, so this name is fitting for a little baby girl.
- Chenoa: If you love animals, then this Cʜᴇʀᴏᴋᴇᴇ name Chenoa would be great for your baby. It means ‘white dove,’ which symbolizes peace, prosperity, and new beginnings.
- Tayanita : This name means ‘young beaver’. Young beavers are known to be hardworking creatures, swimming against the current of river water to build rough dams.
- Amatha: The name Amatha would be a lovely choice for a baby girl born in the coastal regions as it means ‘fish.’
- Euna: This name is a ᴜɴɪsᴇx ᴍᴏɴɪᴋᴇʀ, meaning ‘water’. Water, just like other elements, have garnered great reverence and respect in the Cʜᴇʀᴏᴋᴇᴇ community, due to its serenity and the abundance of life that it can bring. Naming your child this is akin to giving him or her a blessing.
- Awinita: The adorable name Awinita would hold a special significance in your hearts as it refers to a ‘fawn.’
- Galilahi: Galilahi is a beautiful name that means ‘attractive’. People believe that newborn children blessed with this name are going to grow up with attractive traits, whether it be charisma or outward beauty.
- Gola: It is a name perfect for a baby born during the cold seasons as it means ‘winter.’
- Hialeah: This name is said to be of Muskogee origin. It derives from the word Haiyakpo, which means ‘prairie,’ thus, giving it the meaning, ‘beautiful meadow.
Cʜᴇʀᴏᴋᴇᴇ Boys Names, With Meanings
- Atohi : This is a boy’s name meaning ‘trees’. Trees are near-sᴀᴄʀᴇᴅ for the Cʜᴇʀᴏᴋᴇᴇ people due to the belief that trees and everything else in nature had sᴘɪʀɪᴛs. This name is perfect for when you want a name that sounds unique and has a special meaning.
- Amadahy: Being a name from nature, Amadahy carries a sweet essence and freshness of the earth with it. It means ‘forest water.’
- Wohali: A name for baby boys, this name means ‘eagle’. For the Cʜᴇʀᴏᴋᴇᴇ people, the eagle signified great bravery and honor. Eagle feathers were used for headdresses of the most decorated chiefs, hence the meaning.
- Bidziil: Bidziil means ‘he is strong.’ So, this masculine name would be a symbol of strength for your little guy.
- Atsila: This unisex name means fire. In Nᴀᴛɪᴠᴇ Aᴍᴇʀɪᴄᴀɴ culture, fire is a great element, able to foster life, thus a large amount of respect that is paid to it. This name is a great conversation starter for when the origins of your kid’s name come up!
- Istas: Ideal for babies born during the winters as it means ‘snow.’
- Atsadi: This boy’s name means ‘fish’, which has a deeper meaning in Cʜᴇʀᴏᴋᴇᴇ culture. Fish are said to bring good luck, so naming your baby boy this could bestow some good luck his way!
- Jistu: We would say that this Cʜᴇʀᴏᴋᴇᴇ name would trigger the funny and adorable mischievous side in your baby as it means ‘ᴛʀɪᴄᴋsᴛᴇʀ ʀᴀʙʙɪᴛ.’
- Chaske: Another name for baby boys, Chaska literally means ‘firstborn son’. The Cʜᴇʀᴏᴋᴇᴇ people give significance to numbers, and bearing a first
- Kaiyatahee : It means ‘corn tassel.’ This unique name of Nᴀᴛɪᴠᴇ Aᴍᴇʀɪᴄᴀɴ origin celebrates plant life.