Your baby is coming home for the very first time. To hold that cute little cherub in your arms, and welcome her home is a feeling that words ᴄᴀɴɴᴏᴛ do justice to. May be an ᴇxɪᴛɪɴɢ ᴛɪᴍᴇ for you and your partner. But, the entire gamut of emotions you’re going through, can sometimes leave you ᴄᴏɴFᴜsᴇᴅ, and ɪɴᴅᴇᴇᴅ ɪʀʀɪᴛᴀᴛᴇᴅ. Reality ᴅᴇFɪɴɪᴛᴇʟʏ sɪɴᴋs in once you’re home with baby! It’s so sᴜʀʀᴇᴀʟ, there’s a ᴛɪɴʏ cute ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ʜᴜᴍᴀɴ in your house that you have to take care of! We sharing with you what you can expect the first night home with your newborn baby.
- You Mɪɢʜᴛ Pᴇʀsᴘɪʀᴇ At Night: You will ʙᴇ ᴜᴘ so many times in the night. The ʜᴏʀᴍᴏɴᴇs do that to you, even if your newborn who keeps sleeping most of the time, doesn’t wake you up. You will be surprised to find yourself sᴏᴀᴋᴇᴅ ɪɴ sᴡᴇᴀᴛ. Your ʜᴏʀᴍᴏɴᴇs are learning to come back to normal, hence the ʙᴇʜᴀᴠɪᴏʀ of the sᴡᴇᴀᴛ ɢʟᴀɴᴅs. You need to try to rest as much as you can when baby is taking a nap during the day. This way, once it’s time for bedtime. You at least had decent sleep during the day.
- Baby will wake up every 2 to 3 hours: Your baby is going to wake up multiple of times during the night for a feeding or for a diaper change. It is reality, you are definitely going to feel ᴇxʜᴀᴜsᴛᴇᴅ!
- You Are Still Getting Used To Lactating: Don’t be surprised if you awake with a ᴅʀᴇɴᴄʜᴇᴅ ᴛᴏᴘ. What you also need to learn is to ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ᴇᴍᴘᴛʏɪɴɢ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʙʀᴇᴀsᴛs. So, feeding your baby at regular intervals is also necessary. Nursing your baby helps you get used to holding your baby in the right position, ᴜɴᴅᴇʀsᴛᴀɴᴅ its ʜᴜɴɢᴇʀ sɪɢɴᴀʟs, and time for diaper changes with every cry.
- Partner may or may not wake up with you : Baby’s first night home from the ʜᴏsᴘɪᴛᴀʟ will ᴛᴇsᴛ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʀᴇʟᴀᴛɪᴏɴsʜɪᴘ. It is what it is. Your partner may or may not wake up to help you with the baby. Or he might just need extra help and motivation to wake up at 2 in the morning. Jᴜsᴛ ʙᴇ ᴀᴡᴀʀᴇ that your partner will ɴᴏᴛ have the mommy instinct as you, so he may need a little help with that .
- You Will Be A Bit Sᴄᴀʀᴇᴅ: Especially as a new mom. If you haven’t held such ᴛɪɴʏ ʙᴀʙɪᴇs in hands before, it could sᴄᴀʀᴇ you to hold your child. If you have experience picking babies up, you’d probably still be Sᴄᴀʀᴇᴅ because you are Fʀᴇᴀᴋɪɴɢ holding the ᴍᴏsᴛ ᴅᴇʟɪᴄᴀᴛᴇ ᴛʜɪɴɢ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ. You will be ᴇxᴛʀᴀ ᴄᴀʀᴇFᴜʟ while ᴍᴏᴠɪɴɢ ʜɪᴍ. You are ᴡᴏʀʀɪᴇᴅ that you are the sᴏʟᴇ ʀᴇsᴘᴏɴsɪʙʟᴇ person there, besides your partner, to care for and raise your child.
- You will still feel ᴘᴀɪɴ from ᴄʜɪʟᴅʙɪʀᴛʜ: With everything that is going on after bringing newborn baby from the ʜᴏsᴘɪᴛᴀʟ, you still have to ᴡᴏʀʀʏ about your ʀᴇᴄᴏᴠᴇʀʏ. You still need to take care of you because you matter as well. Remember to care for your ɪɴᴄɪsɪᴏɴ if you had a C-sᴇᴄᴛɪᴏɴ or your ᴠᴀɢɪɴᴀ if you had a ᴠᴀɢɪɴᴀʟ ʙɪʀᴛʜ. Make sure to not lift anything heavy, to ᴡᴇᴀʀ ʟᴀʀɢᴇ ᴍᴀxɪ ᴘᴀᴅs and use your ᴘᴇʀɪ ʙᴏᴛᴛʟᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴄʟᴇᴀɴ ᴜᴘ. Start ɴᴏᴜʀɪsʜɪɴɢ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʙᴏᴅʏ, so you can ʜᴇᴀʟ ǫᴜɪᴄᴋʟʏ, ᴘʀᴏᴅᴜᴄᴇ ᴀ ʜᴇᴀʟᴛʜʏ ᴍɪʟᴋ sᴜᴘᴘʟʏ ᴀɴᴅ ʟᴏsᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴀʙʏ ᴡᴇɪɢʜᴛ.
- Diaper changes: Be prepared to change your baby’s diaper more than once through the night. Make sure you practice changing diapers on dim to no light at all. It’s just something us moms have to get used to! Make sure you have your own diaper basket to make things easier and more convenient!
- You Become More Aʟᴇʀᴛ And Oʀɢᴀɴɪᴢᴇᴅ: The arrival of a newbie teaches you some things. You suddenly start getting Oʀɢᴀɴɪᴢᴇᴅ and ᴅɪsᴄɪᴘʟɪɴᴇᴅ. You are always Aʟᴇʀᴛ so that you could ᴄʜᴇᴄᴋ on your baby at any given instance. And yes, learning to sleep well starts becoming yet another challenge!