The first-time parent is full of joy, it can also be very sᴛʀᴇssFᴜʟ. You may find yourself wondering about all sorts of baby care ɪssᴜᴇs, including how to look after their ᴅᴇʟɪᴄᴀᴛᴇ sᴋɪɴ. A ʙᴀʙʏ’s sᴋɪɴ is very ᴛᴇɴᴅᴇʀ ᴀɴᴅ sᴇɴsɪᴛɪᴠᴇ, and if not cared for, will develop ᴀʟʟᴇʀɢɪᴇs and ʀᴀsʜᴇs. However, there’s much you can do to protect your baby from these sᴋɪɴ problems. Here’s a baby sᴋɪɴ care guide for new parents.
- Newborn Massaging: Giving your newborn a massage is important one-on-one time. Like ᴄᴜᴅᴅʟɪɴɢ, a massage is a way to convey your love and affection for your baby. In fact, research shows that a ʙᴀʙʏ’s very sᴜʀᴠɪᴠᴀʟ depends on being touched by others as touch ᴛʀɪɢɢᴇʀs ʜᴏʀᴍᴏɴᴇs, ʙᴏᴏsᴛs ɪᴍᴍᴜɴɪᴛʏ, and helpss fight ᴅɪsᴇᴀsᴇ. It relaxes their ᴛɪʀᴇᴅ limbs and arms from playful movement all day. Also, massaged babies are calmer, sleep better, and cry less every parent’s dream!
- Resist the urge to bathe your baby frequently: Most new parents prefer to give their baby a bath every day, but this isn’t necessary. Frequent bathing dries out the baby’s skin. This also ʀᴇᴍᴏᴠᴇs the oils that ᴘʀᴏᴛᴇᴄᴛ ᴀɢᴀɪɴsᴛ ɪɴFᴇᴄᴛɪᴏɴ. Babies need two to three baths a week in warm not hot ,water to stay clean. The first step to a great baby bath is to find the perfect temperature and then fill the bathtub with no more than 2 to 3 inches of water. To prevent your baby from getting cold while you bathe them, regularly pour cupfuls of water over their shoulders. Use only water on their face area, not soap. When washing their ʙᴏᴅʏ, use a gentle and mild baby wash that is ɴᴏɴ-ᴛᴏxɪᴄ and free of ᴅʏᴇs, ᴅᴇᴏᴅᴏʀᴀɴᴛs, and ᴘᴀʀᴀʙᴇɴs. Dry your baby in a warm environment with natural cotton or soft microfiber towel. A rough cloth will sᴄʀᴀᴛᴄʜ or ɪʀʀɪᴛᴀᴛᴇ their ᴅᴇʟɪᴄᴀᴛᴇ sᴋɪɴ.
- Skip the Baby Powder If You Can: Some baby sᴋɪɴᴄᴀʀᴇ ᴇxᴘᴇʀᴛs ᴡᴀʀɴ ᴀɢᴀɪɴsᴛ ᴜsɪɴɢ ᴘᴏᴡᴅᴇʀ on your baby. Because it could ᴄᴀᴜsᴇ ʟᴜɴɢ ᴅᴀᴍᴀɢᴇ if ɪɴʜᴀʟᴇᴅ. If you must use powder, purchase the kind made for babies and free of fragrance. Don’t apply directly to the baby’s sᴋɪɴ. Instead, shake a little powder in your hands away from the baby and apply a thin layer to the baby’s sᴋɪɴ.
- Diapering: There are a lot of things you’ll have to do for your little one when they’re an infant, including yep changing lots and lots of diapers. It’s important to change your child’s diaper frequently, wiping gently but thoroughly each time with baby wipes. Then? Dab diaper cream or put warm water from a squirt bottle on your ʙᴀʙʏ’s ʙᴏᴛᴛᴏᴍ and gently pat them dry. Wait a few moments to air-dry so that moisture doesn’t lead to an ɪʀʀɪᴛᴀᴛɪɴɢ ᴅɪᴀᴘᴇʀ ʀᴀsʜ.
- And Be Mindful of Products: It’s best to use sᴋɪɴ care products made sᴘᴇᴄɪFɪᴄᴀʟʟʏ Fᴏʀ ʙᴀʙɪᴇs, such as fragrance-free and tear-free shampoos, bath gels, and lotions. With each one you use, be watchful of your child’s reaction in ᴄᴀsᴇ they are ᴀʟʟᴇʀɢɪᴄ.
It’s important to keep your newborn’s sᴋɪɴ ᴍᴏɪsᴛᴜʀɪᴢᴇᴅ, too, so always have a supply of lotions around. Oɪɴᴛᴍᴇɴᴛs, which have a thicker consistency, are even better at keeping your little one’s sᴋɪɴ soft. Aᴠᴏɪᴅ ᴘᴇʀFᴜᴍᴇᴅ, ᴀɴᴛɪʙᴀᴄᴛᴇʀɪᴀʟ, and ᴅᴇᴏᴅᴏʀᴀɴᴛ sᴏᴀᴘs, too they might be too ʜᴀʀsʜ until your child is a toddler. Baby soaps are best for your little one.