As a mom you are always ᴀɴxɪᴏᴜs for your baby’s health but how to know if the baby is healthy. Babies ᴄᴀɴɴᴏᴛ express their situation in words. So, as parents, you need to ɴᴏᴛice every slight change in the ʙᴇʜᴀᴠɪᴏʀ of the baby so that you can check on the growth of the baby. Here we have some 8 sɪɢɴs of a ʜᴇᴀʟᴛʜʏ ɪɴFᴀɴᴛ that you should look for in your baby:
- The baby loves to sᴜᴄᴋʟᴇ regularly and sᴛʀᴏɴɢʟʏ: Newborn babies have a ᴛᴇɴᴅᴇɴᴄʏ to suckle. Since ʙʀᴇᴀsᴛFᴇᴇᴅɪɴɢ is the sᴏᴜʀᴄᴇ ᴏF ɴᴜᴛʀɪᴛɪᴏɴ for the baby, the baby suckles more often and more sᴛʀᴏɴɢʟʏ. The more sᴛʀᴏɴɢʟʏ the baby suckles and the more regularly, the healthier baby is. As growth takes place, the need for ɴᴜᴛʀɪᴛɪᴏɴ ɪɴᴄʀᴇᴀsᴇs.
- Your baby observes various things around : At birth, your baby’s ᴠɪsɪᴏɴ is ɴᴏᴛ that great and everything seems ʙʟᴜʀʀᴇᴅ to him. However, as your baby grows, he observes and focuses on things around him. Therefore, if your baby has his gaze fixed on the ceiling, he may be observing a moving fan. This is ᴀ sɪɢɴ ᴛʜᴀᴛ your baby is growing in a ʜᴇᴀʟᴛʜʏ manner.
- If your baby sleeps well: Sleeping is very important for the ᴏᴠᴇʀᴀʟʟ ᴅᴇᴠᴇʟᴏᴘᴍᴇɴᴛ of the babies and if your baby sleeps well he will grow well too. As your baby grows, his ɪᴍᴘʀᴏᴠᴇᴅ ɴᴇʀᴠᴏᴜs sʏsᴛᴇᴍ will help him get into various schedules and sleep is one of them. If your baby sleeps well, this means he is happy and contented and therefore, it is a sɪɢɴ of ʜᴇᴀʟᴛʜʏ development.
- Baby respond to you, they make eye contact and even smile: Your ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ᴀɴɢᴇʟ is growing, if baby starts recognizing you and starts responding to you, makes eye contact and smiles at you. This is the growth of sᴏᴄɪᴀʟ ɪɴsᴛɪɴᴄᴛ in the baby. When you try to talk to your baby may start responding to you through a smile, a giggle or by cooing and gurgling. This is a ᴘᴏsɪᴛɪᴠᴇ ʀᴇsᴘᴏɴsᴇ and you may rest assured as your baby is showing sɪɢɴs of ᴘʀᴏᴘᴇʀ ʜᴇᴀʟᴛʜ and growth.
- Normal sᴛᴏᴏʟs : Well, yes ᴘᴏᴏᴘɪɴɢ is also an ɪɴᴅᴇx of proper health. Sometimes, the baby ᴘᴏᴏᴘs once in a week, sometimes once in a few days, but this ɪsɴ’ᴛ ᴀ ᴍᴀᴛᴛᴇʀ ᴏF ᴄᴏɴᴄᴇʀɴ if the sᴛᴏᴏʟ is normal. The Fʀᴇǫᴜᴇɴᴄʏ ᴏF ᴘᴏᴏᴘɪɴɢ reduces as the baby ɢʀᴏᴡs ᴏʟᴅᴇʀ, but it’s okay if the sᴛᴏᴏʟ is soft. The baby should be comfortable and thus it won’t ᴍᴀᴛᴛᴇʀ much if baby ᴘᴏᴏᴘs daily or in a few days.
- You baby are changing 4-6 diapers in a day: Yes, your baby’s ᴘᴇᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴘᴏᴏᴘ also ᴅᴇFɪɴᴇ how ʜᴇᴀʟᴛʜʏ he is. No ᴍᴀᴛᴛᴇʀ whether your baby is breastfed or is on Fᴏʀᴍᴜʟᴀ ᴍɪʟᴋ, on an average he should be wetting 4 to 6 diapers in a day. This is a clear ɪɴᴅɪᴄᴀᴛɪᴏɴ that your baby is ɴᴏᴛ only feeding well but he is also ᴘʀᴏᴘᴇʀʟʏ ʜʏᴅʀᴀᴛᴇᴅ. Your baby will also show a ᴄᴏɴsɪᴅᴇʀᴀʙʟᴇ ᴡᴇɪɢʜᴛ gain in the first few weeks after birth. However, if your baby is wetting fewer diapers in a day or ɴᴏᴛ showing sᴜʙsᴛᴀɴᴛɪᴀʟ ᴡᴇɪɢʜᴛ gain, this means he is ɴᴏᴛ feeding well. Also, ᴅᴀʀᴋᴇʀ ᴄᴏʟᴏᴜʀᴇᴅ ᴜʀɪɴᴇ ɪɴᴅɪᴄᴀᴛᴇs ᴅᴇʜʏᴅʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴ in babies.
- They respond to various sounds around them: Babies already begin to hear sounds when they are in the ᴡᴏᴍʙ. But, they are ɴᴏᴛ able to recognize all types of sounds. As they grow, they begin reacting on listening to any sound. If your baby is healthy, he/she will start reacting to music, teleᴠɪsɪᴏɴ and even the sound of toys. And when she hears a different sound, she stops and shifts all her attention to the new sound and tries to recognize it.
- There is a gain in weight of the baby: Weight gain and height growth is simply the ɪɴᴅᴇx ᴏF ɢʀᴏᴡᴛʜ. Within the first five months a ʜᴇᴀʟᴛʜʏ and developing baby’s ᴡᴇɪɢʜᴛ ᴅᴏᴜʙʟᴇs. It even triples till they complete one year of birth. The ᴅᴏᴄᴛᴏʀ is the best person to consult regarding the gain in height and weight of the baby. The ᴅᴏᴄᴛᴏʀ will tell you clearly if the weight gain is positive or ɴᴏᴛ.