While some have the most amazing patience and wait until birth to find out the sex of the baby, many moms simply can’t wait and need to find out as soon as possible. There are many ways that are said to show if you are having a boy or girl. Some are scientific and just may be on to something, and others are all heresay and should probably be taken with a grain of salt. Some moms swear by these theories, though! You probably won’t be surprised to hear most of them have little to no scientific evidence behind them. In fact, the only way to really find out what you’re having is your 20-week scan. Here are signs you are having a baby boy!
- Carrying Low: How are you carrying? If the answer is low, they say that means you are going to be having a baby boy! Baby girls will cause you to carry higher. I don’t know if this is accurate for everyone, but I can say with my own pregnancy, I am carrying higher with my baby girl than I did with my boys!
- Glowing Skin: If you find that you are absolutely more radiant during your pregnancy, they say that is a sign you are having a boy because “girls steal your beauty”. The science behind this old saying is that the increased ʜᴏʀᴍᴏɴᴇ s from being pregnant with a girl can give you skin issues.
- Cravings. What are your cravings like? If you are pregnant with a boy, they say you will be craving salty foods! And sweet foods for a baby girl.
- Morning Sickness: Some studies have been shown to support the theory that you have less ᴍᴏʀɴɪɴɢ sɪᴄᴋɴᴇss when you are pregnant with a baby boy due to the lower ʜᴏʀᴍᴏɴᴇ levels in your body. While I can’t say this has been accurate for me, it seems to have some scientific backing to it.
- Your Linea Nigra: The linea nigra is the dark line that some women get on their bellies during pregnancy. It usually starts at the pelvic area and goes up. If it extends above your belly button, it is believed that you will be having a baby boy. If it stays below the belly button, you will have a baby girl.
- Intuition: There is definitely something to be said about mother’s intuition. Mothers do know best. If you have a gut feeling about having a boy, odds are you are right. Mothers always know! So there you have it! Six signs you are having a baby boy! While a lot of these seem pretty silly, some of them really seem to be onto something.